The New Zealand Wound Care Society is showing its support for education of health professionals involved in wound management by offering a number of Scholarship in 2021-2022. The scholarships available include:
- Three scholarships of $500 per semester (2 semesters) per year are available for Under Gratuate educational courses at level 6 & 7 which are wound-related
- One scholarship of $1000 per semester (2 semesters) per year is available for Post Gratuate educational courses at level 10 which are wound-related
- One scholarship of $1000 per year for attendance at a national, wound related, conference but not the NZWCS conference
- Five scholarships of 'Registration Only' every 2 years for attendance at the NZWCS national conference
- One scholarship of $2000 per year for attendance at an international, wound related, conference
- One scholarship of $4000 per year for attendance at an international, wound related, conference with special conditions.
The closing date for applications vary depending on which scholarship is being applied for:
- For under-gratuate and post-graduate study - Applications are open 2 months before the commencement of the course, closing date is 1 month before the commencement of the course, notification will be as soon as possible. Semesters 1, 2 and 3 (summer school) are eligible.
- For national and international, wound related, conferences - The scholarships will open for application in January of each year and the closing date will be 3 months before the start of the conference and within the ‘Early Bird’ time frame.
Please Note: Applicants for all these scholarships must be current Full Members of the New Zealand Wound Care Society, have been a member for a minimum of one year at the time of application, not been the recipient of an NZWCS scholarship within the last 12 months and have the support of their manager to undertake the course of study or attend the conference.