Wound Awareness Week
NZWCS National Wound Awareness Week
24th to 30th July 2023
Topic: Asepsis and aseptic technique
The Wound Awareness Week (WAW) 2023 is to raise awareness of the prevention of healthcare acquired infections (HAI), including surgical site infections and soft tissue infections, through the appropriate use of aseptic technique by healthcare professionals.
Free educational webinar on Monday 24th of July, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
The webinar topics will include:
1. Definition & principles of asepsis and aseptic technique, the definition of HAIs
2. Statistics of Asepsis
3. Hand Hygiene education for healthcare professionals and support workers.
4. Practice and standards: performing simple wound dressings & when to use Aseptic technique
5. Patient Perspective
6. Recommendations and resources
7. Live Q&A session with speakers
Please refer to your NZWCS area coordinator for more information on other planned activities in your area.