New Zealand Wound Care Society?
We are a group of health care professionals, from a range of disciplines, who share a common interest in wound management. Our members share experiences, expertise and knowledge and network with other members around New Zealand.
Our aims are:
- To improve outcomes and quality of life for patients with wound and skin integrity problems.
- To provide and encourage best-practice wound management across all lealth care settings
- To be a recognised voice at national and local level in any issues relating to wound healing or maintaining skin integrity.
To achieve this we focus on education and professional development, as well as fostering and encouraging an evidence-based approach to wound management. We hold regular local education sessions and study days, organised by Area coordinators, and a biennial national conference.
We have thirteen branches: Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Rotorua/Taupo, Bay of Plenty, Manawatu/Wanganui, Taranaki, Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Nelson/Marlborough, Canterbury, Otago and Southland. All areas have an Area coordinator and a National Committee member. The ARea coordinator is responsible for coordinating meetings and seminars for the local branch members, while the National Committee member represents each branch at a national level. In some areas these duties are undertaken by the same volunteer.
What are the advantages of joining the NZWCS?
The NZWCS provides a supportive network throughout the country for health professionals to share experience, expertise and knowledge in the area of wound care. Membership is open to all health care professionals, companies or employees of companies involved in wound care.
As a member of the NZWCS you will receive the following benefits:
- Online access to Wound Practice & Research - the official journal of the Australian Wound Management Association.
- Online access to EWMA journal - the official journal of the European Wound Management Association (3 x year).
- Tissue Issue - the NZWCS electronic newsletter.
- 'Members Only' access to NZWCS website.
- Reduced registration fees at NZWCS Events.
- Voting Rights (Full Members only).
From time to time members also receive additional publications, leaflets and flyers, some of which may be from commercial sponsors.
The NZWCS membership year runs from 1st July to the 30th June inclusive.
Note: Student memberships require proof of full time undergraduate student status.
To join the NZWCS complete the on-line form or ask for a Membership Application Form and send it, with your appropriate membership fee, to our Administrator at the address on the form.
The NZWCS has a set of Rules that govern the Society's operation, these were last amended at the Annual General Meeting of the Society in May 2017. A copy of the Rules can be downloaded here.