3M Australia and New Zealand Skin Safety Award 2018
3M and Wounds Australia are looking for an individual or clinical team that has created and sustained a project designed to prevent skin damage.
If this sounds like you, someone you know, or your team, then make sure you find out more on the guidelines and how to apply, at the following link: http://www.woundsaustralia.com.au/pages/skin-safety-award.php.
Please note: The deadline for all applications is the 14 September 2018
The project can be delivered by any health, ageing or disability service, and will recognise a skin damage prevention project across a broad scope, including Pressure injury prevention, Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis (IAD) prevention, Skin tear prevention, and/or Adhesive trauma prevention. It should demonstrate positive clinical outcomes, teamwork and knowledge transfer.
The winner(s) of the award will receive an educational grant of $4,000 that can be used towards their professional development, and will recognise the significant contributionthat they are making towards improving skin health in the community.
NZWCS Awards and Scholarships for 2018
The NZWCS is showing its support for the education of health professionals involved in wound management and rewarding the hard work by offering a range of Awards and Scholarships.
The Awards comprise of:
Tissue Issue Article
- A $100 award to a NZWCS member or a 1-year subscription to the NZWCS for a non-member for an article written and published by NZWCS in our newsletter ‘Tissue Issue’. This newsletter is published 5 times per year and a list of future topics can be found at the end of the newsletter.
- Applications for this award must be received once your article has been accepted to feature in Tissue Issue and at least 2 months before the topic is featured in Tissue Issue.
- A $500 award to the best article/publication in a peer review or other recognised journal. Publication/article must have been published within the year of the application for the award.
- This award is open to all members of the NZWCS. If this is a joint publication, then at least one member of the group needs to be a NZWCS member
- The award of $500 is to be shared between all named contributors to the article.
- Applications for this award opens on 1st August with the closing date of 31st October. Award will be presented in November.
- Depending on the number of applications received for the above award, there will be up to 3 Runner-Up awards of $100 each.